Duties of A Good Bookkeeper
Duties and responsibilities of a professional bookkeeper are very different to an accountant. The bookkeeper looks after the day-to-day duties while the company accountant may audit the books monthly, quarterly or at tax time. A professional bookkeeper may provide additional duties like the following:
- The key role of a professional bookkeeper is to ensure financial records are current and up to date and there is a regular reporting system in place.
- Regularly review of aged accounts receivable and payable is an important part of bookkeeping, so that a better cash flow and business planning can be achieved.
- A skilled bookkeeper is up to date with the changes of legislation. It is important to make sure you are compliant with current regulations.
- Bookkeeper will maintain the day-to-day accounts and must be familiar with the relevant bookkeeping/accounting software, such as MYOB and QuickBooks.
- One of the essential duties of a professional bookkeeper is to work with your accountant. Bookkeeper needs to regularly consult with your accountant to make sure that everything is set up correctly, records are up to date and accurate.
Professionally keeping your book can make a huge difference to your business!
For more information or to obtain a quote for our bookkeeper or bookkeeping services, please call us on 0418 288 089, send us an email at email@example.com, or complete our online Contact Us form and one of our team will be on contact shortly. We are a registered BAS agent and fully insured, so contact us today for a free and no obligation quote or to arrange for us to visit you at your office.